Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've Learned to Accept Myself.

It's been a while.
I was watching Tyra today, and she had some great messages. So, I thought about everything that I've been going through. I'm trying to improve myself, and I think I've come a long way from where I used to be. I wrote this for me, and for anyone else who has trouble accepting themselves.

My therapist told me something profound.
"Don't be an enemy to yourself, be a friend. That's what you need. If you accept yourself, life will become a lot easier."

This is called "Only Me"

I'm the only one in the world.
There are no clones or copies.
I'm unique.
I like myself inside and out.
My body has a beautiful shape.
Who cares about those who are skinny.
I'm happy with who I am
And that shouldn't change.
I'm a wonderful, affective person.
I'm me.

:)

5 comments:

  1. There is only one Lisa, and that is the best Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa.
    You're amazing and I love you.
    The end!
    [:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney.
    Thank you! You're amazing too!
    Love ya bunches. [;

    ReplyDelete
  4. heyyyyy! hw u doin ?? its been a while! m gud , moved to australia few weeks ago and got a new life here! hws been ur life , school? happy new year btw ! i gt a tumblr blog too , check it out later !
    http://d-sides.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete